ReCiPe Eutrophication factors wrong

luisferldeo

ReCiPe Eutrophication factors wrong

Post by luisferldeo » 17 Feb 2012 15:46

Dear Andreas,
Here I am with another question and probably a bug.
I am working with ReCiPe methodology, and I obtained the methods from your suggested webapage (http://www.openlca.org/uploads/media/impact-methods.zip) but at the moment of getting my results, those for Eutrophication (both freshwater and marine) spiked; furthermore they were identical to the climate change numbers. So I dug into detail.
I discovered that in the ReCiPe midpoint methods the LCIA factors for Eutrophication were mostly greenhouse gases, (see picture 1).
EutrophicationFalsch.jpg
picture1
EutrophicationFalsch.jpg (139.29 KiB) Viewed 11495 times
I first thought that GHG may act as an indirect indicator, but of course I checked the literature and the Ecoinvent homepage and--as expected--GHG are not factors of Eutrophication (attached picture 2). It is worth to note that for the case of Endpoint results, the factors seem to be correct since they refer to Phosphates.
EutrophicationEcoinvent.png
picture2
EutrophicationEcoinvent.png (73.87 KiB) Viewed 11495 times
My question is, did I import the methods wrong? maybe the files got corrupted at some stage? Is there a webpage directly from Ecoinvent where I could download the methods?
I mean I am going to correct them by hand, and I could then forward my version should you be interested.
Thank you for your answer and best regards,
Luis López

sophiehuysveld

Re: ReCiPe Eutrophication factors wrong

Post by sophiehuysveld » 28 Mar 2014 16:10

Dear,

I have noticed the same problem. The previous post dated more than 2 years ago.
Will these bugs be solves in an openLCA update?

Best regards,
Sophie Huysveld