Importing LCIA Methods

mfarooq4

Importing LCIA Methods

Post by mfarooq4 » 30 Dec 2010 23:18

Hi,
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me if there a free way to find an LCIA database to be imported into openLCA? I have tried to find on internet, did find some inventory databases and not the impact assessment methods data. Please help!

qwweeeit

Re: Importing LCIA Methods

Post by qwweeeit » 12 Jan 2011 19:48

Hi,
The LCA methodology's not well developed yet and so there are only few LCIA databases freely downloadable.
Anyway you can download the CML database supplied by the Leiden University => http://cml.leiden.edu/software/data-cml ... #downloads
However I don't know if it is in a right format for the OpenLCA import. Probably the software requires an xml file so I don't think you can use as it is.
Only who knows well the OpenLCA software can help to import this database into the OpenLCA.

Regards, Marco

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 27 Jun 2011 01:27

Hi, sorry I overlooked this post - I would probably argue about the statement
The LCA methodology's not well developed yet
but this is not the main part of the post -

the ecoinvent LCIA methods can be imported into openLCA, they are available from the ecoinvent centre, or also through us, free of charge (in contrast to the ecoinvent LCI datasets that you can also obtain through us). Please contact me if you are interested, but be aware that the methods then work best with the ecoinvent flows (and not so well with other flow names).

openLCA can import any LCIA file in EcoSpold format, so you will need to modify the CMLIA file. Soon, there will also be an LCIA method "package" for the ELCD database, and I think this will also be freely available, and fit to the ELCD flows.

Let's hope that this still helps you!
Best wishes,
Andreas

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » 29 Jul 2011 20:24

Dear Andrea:

I would like to know if you have an update on this question. In specific I would like to know if there is a method that matches smoothly with the nrel database. By the way, congrats and thanks for openLCA. Great job!

R.

batrisyia

Post by batrisyia » 01 Aug 2011 20:10

Dear Andrea,
Im a student and still new using thisopen LCA. Right now, im getting stuck due to getting the free LCIA database to be imported into Open LCA. Are we need to pay for getting the ecoinvent dataset. How can we get this dataset for free.Im very appreciate if someone can help me..
thank you very much

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 03 Aug 2011 17:06

Hi all,
here is the link to the ecoinvent LCIA methods, version 2.2:
http://www.openlca.org/uploads/media/impact-methods.zip.
Import this complete archive as EcoSpold file into openLCA.
Andreas

fro

Post by fro » 28 Sep 2012 08:52

Hello,

Is it planned to include the ReCiPe 2008 to all LCIA methods in the near future ?

jeffard

Post by jeffard » 17 Dec 2012 00:24

Has the zip file link been disabled? I'm unable to find a link to download the LCIA methods files.

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 18 Dec 2012 20:44

Hi all,
I just added the LCIA method "pack" back again on the openLCA website; you find it at the downloads page (via http://www.openlca.org/downloads).
Best wishes,
Andreas

gebbissimo1

Post by gebbissimo1 » 13 Feb 2013 17:31

Dear Andreas,

with the new openLCA v1.2.9 I did the following:
- create a new database
- import ELCD.zip in ILCD format
- import LCIA methods from openLCA website in ecospold format

However, the issue now is that I have to assign units, see the attached picture. I haven't stumbled upon this problem before. Moreover I believe there are no appropriate unit groups to assign to.

==> How can I import the LCIA methdos?
Attachments
screenie.png
screenie.png (26.96 KiB) Viewed 19259 times