Import and export processes using JSON format

romains

Import and export processes using JSON format

Post by romains » 18 Dec 2015 12:38

Hello,

I have tried to export a group of processes in a JSON format from one EcoInvent database, to import it back in another Ecoinvent database (both databases being used on the same OpenLCA instance).
The import process does not return any errors, but yet, the processes fail to appear.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Best regards,
Romain

aciroth

Re: Import and export processes using JSON format

Post by aciroth » 20 Dec 2015 22:45

Hello Romain,
the JSON format is still under development, but the export and import of processes works - could it be that the processes are not imported because they exist already in the target database?
best
Andreas

romains

Post by romains » 08 Jan 2016 12:15

Hello Andreas,

you were right. The processes I tried to import were already existing in the target database.

They were already existing in the sense that they had identical UUIDs, but the processes were different (I have two version of a same process, consequential and attributional).
The trick was to make of copy of the processes that I wanted to export in the original database, so that they receive another UUID, and then import them in the new database.
Thank you for your help.

BR,
Romain SAcchi

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 11 Jan 2016 15:33

Hi Romain,
thanks for confirming.
The current import and export of processes in openLCA is a bit simple not concerning the covered formats, but concerning the way changes in data are dealt with. Therefore we have implemented a more sophisticated approach in the upcoming openLCA 1.5 (beta to be publicly released this month), which enables to see differences between data in a repository and in the local database, and lets users decide if the local data should be updated.
Best wishes, and sorry that I need to promise again something in my second post to you today!
Andreas

leonora

Post by leonora » 25 Apr 2016 08:35

Hi,

I'm struggeling with the same problem but cannot seem to get it right even though I have read your posts on the topic:

I have tried to right click the child category containing the processes I wish to transfer into another database and select export and use the JSON-LD format. However when I do that I get a zip folder on my desktop containing both processes, flows, actors, sources etc. it seems. And when I in the other database right click and select import, I cannot locate the zip file on my desktop - it seems it cannot import a zip-file. What am I doing wrong?

A quick response would be much appreciated, since I am on a deadline with the project I am working on.

Kind Regards
Leonora

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 25 Apr 2016 14:12

Maybe it is quite simple: if you use openLCA 1.5, then this works; in earlier implementations of the JSON export, files were exported but not zipped; you can do this on your own or switch to the new version.
Hth,
Andreas

dov

Post by dov » 01 Mar 2017 10:52

Hi,

I cannot smoothly import and export processes. I import several databases, openLCA LCIA methods and at the end my model (exported as JSON format). After I import my model, most of units in the processes disappear (please see an example in the picture below, a random ecoinvent process). Any idea how to solve this issue?
Attachments
Missing_units.JPG
Missing_units.JPG (61.53 KiB) Viewed 13666 times

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 02 Mar 2017 10:10

Hm this is strange - maybe you can contact us directly, which openLCA version did you use (1.5 or one of the beta 1.6 releases), which databases did you import and possibly which data modification steps did you do?
Thanks in advance, Andreas

smnipa

Post by smnipa » 06 Sep 2017 06:19

Hello Andreas,

I am facing problem to import and export database. Currently I am using Open LCA 1.4.2 and Eco invent 3. I want to use my created database in my another PC (Open LCA 1.4.2). For this I have exported my database that I have created using Eco invent 3. I exported my database in JSON format. But when I tried to import this database in JSON format another PC, then its not work. Please advise me the procedure of export import in details. I also want to upgrade my version of open LCA1.4 to 1.6 and import my created database to 1.6 version.
please advise me.

Thanks
SM

aciroth wrote:
25 Apr 2016 14:12
Maybe it is quite simple: if you use openLCA 1.5, then this works; in earlier implementations of the JSON export, files were exported but not zipped; you can do this on your own or switch to the new version.
Hth,
Andreas

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 07 Sep 2017 13:34

Hi, you can use the zolca export (and I would recommend to switch to newer openLCA versions).
Best wishes,
Andreas