Parameters

Annaven

Parameters

Post by Annaven » 09 Jul 2014 11:50

Hello,

I have seen there were global parameters in the new version. I cannot enter any global parameter at the process level, and when I choose parameters from processes in the product system, I am not sure that they become global. Does anyone knows more about these parameters?

aciroth

Re: Parameters

Post by aciroth » 09 Jul 2014 15:46

Hi,
global parameters are entered under preferences, for a database. You need to have a database activated, then you can enter the parameters (see screenhot).
Hth,
Andreas
2014-07-09 15_43_25-openLCA 1.4.png
2014-07-09 15_43_25-openLCA 1.4.png (36.56 KiB) Viewed 7252 times

Annaven

Post by Annaven » 09 Jul 2014 18:34

Dear Andréas, thanks a lot! If you a parameter that is common to several processes, but one system of products,do you have to define it as a global parameter, or can you define it as a product system parameter (controling values of parameters inside processes) ?

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 10 Jul 2014 18:41

(do you mean: a parameter that is input to several processes? -> if yes ->)
you are right, either create a global parameter which then influences several processes, or create a process whose product is input to several processes (the latter may not work in all cases, depending on the model needs).
Best,
Andreas

JamesSuckling

Post by JamesSuckling » 30 Oct 2014 19:32

Hi everyone,

This might be the most appropriate place to post this question relating to multi-process parameters:
Is it possible to pass dependent parameters between processes?
I have a process which creates an output, the value of which is altered depending on what happens within that process. I wish to pass that value into the next process as an input value to maintain consistency within that product flow.
At present, I have to state the input value of the input value into the second process and it is throwing my results out.
I cannot use global parameters as they appear to be limited to input parameters only, nor can I use the product system parameters, for the same reason. It seems that dependent parameters are limited to being within single processes only...
Form earlier posts, I am not sure that using an additional process which generates outputs to be fed into both processes is appropriate in this instance...

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

James

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 01 Nov 2014 20:37

Hi James,
no that (passing parameters from one process to another) is not possible directly. Currently you have independent and dependent parameters for each process, you can overwrite these in product systems, projects, and you can use in the processes also independent global parameters. However, with the new scripting option, you could also design a script that takes a parameter from one process and uses it in another process. I have not tried this myself so far though.
By coincidence, last week we published a video on using parameters in openLCA, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu6IGozXm-E
Hope this helps,
Andreas