calculation method

mystica

calculation method

Post by mystica » 07 Jan 2014 15:34

Hello,
I'm writing my graduation thesis, and I need some informations about the calculation method of OpenLCA and about his working principles (process, flows, product system ecc).
I found a presentation called

"Introduction to openLCA
Sustainability Assessment Software
Andreas Ciroth, Juliane Franze
April 2010"

someone can help me to find something more specific?
Thanks

aciroth

Re: calculation method

Post by aciroth » 10 Jan 2014 18:57

Hi, you are writing your thesis on LCA calculation algorithms? Interesting - openLCA uses now a modified matrix inversion algorithm, the basic description can be found in the almost classic book from Reinout Heijungs and Sangwon Suh, Computational Structure of LCA, 2002. We are experimenting a bit with other algorithms also but haven't released them yet.
If you can send me more information about your work, I think I'd be interested!
Best wishes,
Andreas

mystica

Re: calculation method

Post by mystica » 31 Jan 2014 16:20

aciroth wrote:Hi, you are writing your thesis on LCA calculation algorithms? Interesting - openLCA uses now a modified matrix inversion algorithm, the basic description can be found in the almost classic book from Reinout Heijungs and Sangwon Suh, Computational Structure of LCA, 2002. We are experimenting a bit with other algorithms also but haven't released them yet.
If you can send me more information about your work, I think I'd be interested!
Best wishes,
Andreas
sorry if I reply only now, i just read the answer!
i'm not writing my thesis on LCA calculation algorithms; I'm studying the LCA of the metals supply chain (comparison between primary and secondary production, comparison between real cases data and data from databases, evaluation of the bearing of transports in environmental performances of life cycle of metals ecc.), but i think is interesting to understand how the software calculate results and what calculation method it uses, and i'm writing a chapter focused on this!
Thank you so much for informations, i'll check out the book!