Results interpretation

gianpiero

Results interpretation

Post by gianpiero » 04 May 2012 18:33

Hi,

I would like to use OpenLCA in my thesis, in order to improve my ability I've made a very easy example (I used a lot of assumptions). In this example I assessed a pencil production.
I attach two files to explain my doubts (for the translation English → Italian: pencil = matita, lead = mina, production = produzione).
I'm a beginner and I need some help to understand the output!

In the first image “energy-cumulation.jpg” I really can't understand why the amount of the non renewable energy resource fossil is “0”, it is not possible because we are using electricity mix production (as you can see in “scheme.jpg”). It embodies the thermoelectric energy and the nuclear energy. Maybe the are some mistakes in my example.

Another point that I didn't understand is (see “scheme.jpg”): why are the outputs in Electricity mix and in Pine wood the same? Maybe they are not all the real outputs and the software links only what it needs (that are the real output). But why are only these items displayed there? The database is full of them.

I hope that you could help me! And I'm sorry if the questions are elementary.
Bye-Bye

aciroth

Re: Results interpretation

Post by aciroth » 06 May 2012 22:45

hi gianpiero,
can you please add the screenshots, e.g. as images?
Thank you!
Andreas

gianpiero

Re: Results interpretation

Post by gianpiero » 11 May 2012 15:20

Sorry, I attach them now.

Could be that the problem is that openLCA doesn't considers the elementary flows?
I think that because they didn't appear in the graph, even if they are inputs in the processes (for example the process electricity mix has imputs like coal, natural gas, crude oil and so on, but since they are elementary flows they didn't appear in the graph). So I didn't understand if OpenLca considers them or not in the overall process.

Here there is the screenshot where you can see that the elementary flow coal (a fossil flow) take part in the process: