Modeling of closed-loop recycling

manuelak

Post by manuelak » 14 May 2014 06:55

Hi to all openLCA users,

I am new to openLCA and struggle with creating a recycling process (I'm using version 1.4). My process (see picture) basically transforms secondary aluminum into a final product (hot rolled aluminum) and waste (dross). I wanted to implement a closed-loop recycling and thus created another process "dross recycling" that transforms dross into secondary aluminum. When I click on the process map, however, I cannot choose this process as recipient for the dross. In which way can I create this closed-loop recycling?

I'm looking forward to receiving an answer!

Thanks and kind regards,
Manuela
Attachments
openlca-modelgraph-alu.jpg
Screenshot openLCA - Model graph of product system
openlca-modelgraph-alu.jpg (127.65 KiB) Viewed 6019 times

Zhr

Post by Zhr » 08 Sep 2014 03:23

Hi All,

I'm creating a recycling process linked to my product waste flow. I have attached the incineration process which I'm going to use it. Could you please let me know that how I can link this process to my used material process which includes waste.
Your respond would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Zhr
Attachments
incinera.jpg
incinera.jpg (133.1 KiB) Viewed 5793 times
Last edited by Zhr on 08 Sep 2014 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

aciroth

Re: Modeling of closed-loop recycling

Post by aciroth » 08 Sep 2014 09:37

Good morning, you can - as in ecoinvent e.g. - model the waste treatment process so that it creates a product, waste incineration, and have this delivered to the process that is creating the waste.
Hth,
Andreas

Zhr

Re: Modeling of closed-loop recycling

Post by Zhr » 08 Sep 2014 09:45

Dear Andreas,
Thanks a lot for your reply. My waste product is based on kg unit, but the reference flow unit in the incineration process is based on number of item unit. Can it work in the new process?
Thanks
Zhr