Process connection in product system (was: Doubt)

cassiofa

Process connection in product system (was: Doubt)

Post by cassiofa » 29 Nov 2012 21:34

Hello,

I'm a new user of OpenLCA, I used to work with GaBi 4.Well, I'm trying use OpenLCA with a product system that has two process.
The first process is diesel production and the other one is lorry transportion. The flow about them it's diesel. When I try to calculate appears this:

"lorry transportation is not linked to the reference process of the product system or will not be considered in the calculations for the others reasons"

Thank you!

Regards!

aciroth

Re: Process connection in product system (was: Doubt)

Post by aciroth » 03 Dec 2012 02:29

Can you please provide more information? Did you link both and it didn't work? In the calculation, all processes in a product system need to be linked to the reference process, otherwise they cannot be scaled to the quantitative reference of the product system. Try this, and if you want, report back.. you can also post an image of your system, this often explains more than descriptions.
Thank you, Andreas

yannrf

Post by yannrf » 13 Mar 2013 21:37

Hi there,

Currently I am working in my thesis about the LCA of some tertiary treatments for waste water. I started using openLCA and its tutorial to learn how to use this simulator. But I had some problems! The tutorial canVSpet gave me a mistake, it was a java error (find a photo attached). I hope I am not forgetting any step or doing something wrong, but the thing is that I don't get any result.

My second question is probably more interesting. How could I make a .olca file? In the tutorial you get a file to make the final simulation but, how can I made the same file but to compare two processes of tertiary treatments for waste water ? how can I choose the links between de differents parts of the process?

I wish you give me an answer soon to continue the thesis

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 15 Mar 2013 12:14

Hi, you did not attach a photo it seems? About how to create an olca file, this is explained here: http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... _databases.
Best wishes,
Andreas

eunicespj

Post by eunicespj » 06 Mar 2014 07:52

hi ,
may i know how your project on wastewater went ? because i am doing on a similar topic and i am facing many many difficulties . it would be great if u could send your project to me as a reference . please please i hope you would help as i am really at my wits end . Thank you . my email is eunice_spj@hotmail.com