Transport flow

emmajayne

Transport flow

Post by emmajayne » 07 Dec 2015 17:39

Hi, I'm a new user. I'm using ELCD data to model a simple production process and it's going well, but I need some help adding different transportation options to my process. At the moment, to add a transport option to my process, it seems the only way I can do this is choose the input "transport services", and then use 'default provider' to choose the type of transport, eg train, small lorry, cargo ship.

However, I can only add one transport services flow (small lorry, for example) then Open LCA won't recognise my other transport services flows (container ship and rail). However, I can't seem to put all these together under one 'transport' flow, as I need to have different values for each type of transport in 'default provider'.

Can anyone advise me how to add three different transport flows to my process?

many thanks!

aciroth

Re: Transport flow

Post by aciroth » 08 Dec 2015 15:07

Hi Emma,
openLCA currently allows only one flow one time on input or output, which requires a workaround in your case (and in some other cases when using GaBi-type databases); basically, you can create different transport service flows for different providers and link them then into the process.
Best wishes,
Andreas