Mapping between NREL flows and Ecoinvent impacts

nmiiluma

Mapping between NREL flows and Ecoinvent impacts

Post by nmiiluma » 13 Aug 2015 08:27

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out if there's a quick fix available for mapping NREL flows and ecoinvent impacts? This would save time as I wouldn't have to start the mapping from scratch. Thanks!

aciroth

Re: Mapping between NREL flows and Ecoinvent impacts

Post by aciroth » 13 Aug 2015 10:03

Hi, thanks for your really timely post - answer is yes and no:
no: creating mappings is always tedious and time consuming; NREL uses mostly ecoinvent 2 / SimaPro flows but many are different
yes: we are just about to (finally) release the NREL database on openLCA Nexus, with several changes (which we think improve the database) - one of these modification is a mapping of flows to the openLCA reference flows so that impact assessmen models recognise them. If you are interested we can share and you could check our draft mapping.
Best wishes,
Andreas

nmiiluma

Post by nmiiluma » 14 Aug 2015 07:28

Hi Andreas, Thanks for your quick reply!
I'd be more than happy to see the draft mapping and if it could be of help to me as I'm on a very tight schedule with this. I tried to map the flows on my own and found that the openLCA LCIA methods (mainly CML and TRACI) actually suit my needs better, but I still got zeros for some impact categories. For some cases this makes sense, but it would be grate to check that I've done the mapping correctly by seeing your draft :)
Kind regards,
Noora

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 14 Aug 2015 09:57

Ok great Noora, we will contact you.
Cheers
Andreas