how to import data from ecoinvent into openLCA?

sanjeev

how to import data from ecoinvent into openLCA?

Post by sanjeev » 25 Jun 2014 11:29

Hi,

Good Afternoon,

I am completely new to openLCA. I would like to ask, how to search a relevant data in ecoinvent 3 and import into openLCA.

Thank you,
sanjeev

Ruk

Re: how to import data from ecoinvent into openLCA?

Post by Ruk » 03 Sep 2014 15:47

Hi,

I am also new to the openLCA, and would like to find out please, how to search data in the ecoinvent 3 and import into the openLCA.

Thank you in advance
Rukayya

aciroth

Re: how to import data from ecoinvent into openLCA?

Post by aciroth » 04 Sep 2014 10:58

Hello Rukayya,

there are many posts about this here in the forum - we have a different, "openLCA improved" version of ecoinvent 3, which is available from our nexus website, https://nexus.openlca.org/. If you have an ecoinvent license from other sources, then you can select a license owner version of the ecoinvent database. This is not completely free but much cheaper than a new license. Disadvantage is that it is just a copy of your original license.

An exception is if you are from a non-OECD country and use the database only in an academic context, then the ecoinvent license does not cost anything. The ecoinvent centre kindly confirmed this to us this Monday and we will communicate this soon more broadly. Of course users then need to prove that they satisfy these requirements.

Hth, best wishes,
Andreas