Global parameters error with imported DB

giulio.cerino

Global parameters error with imported DB

Post by giulio.cerino » 20 May 2014 10:28

Hi,
I apologize with my english.

I have the following problem with global parameters.

Working with different db I notice that with imported db is impossible to define global parameters while with a new db created inside my MySQL connection the creation of global parameters runs without any error.
In particular when I create a global parameter into an imported db the application seems to run properly and I could see and define every parameter I like. But at the end of the definition process the software asks me if I want to save the changes and bouth I choose YES or NO nothing happens and the parameters will not be saved. While if I am working with my internal db and I create global parameters the "saving option message" will not appear but in the next opening of the software the global variables will be properly visible and defined.

Thank you

aciroth

Re: Global parameters error with imported DB

Post by aciroth » 20 May 2014 11:05

Hello Giulio,
welcome! And thanks for reporting this. This is fixed in the openLCA 1.4 version that we are about to release (I just checked - not the beta 3 version that is public though). We plan to publish the non-beta version of openLCA 1.4 this week so that you can check. If it is very urgent, I can make also the "release candidate" version available for you, let me know.
Best
Andreas

giulio.cerino

Post by giulio.cerino » 20 May 2014 11:15

Hi, thank you for the assistance.
If it is possible to have the release candidate version I will be very thankful because we are working on a thesis and we are in a hurry.

Thank you very much

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 20 May 2014 12:17

Hi, I uploaded the versions here:
https://share.greendelta.com/public.php ... ac2a202437.
Let me please know any comments, thank you!
Andreas

giulio.cerino

Post by giulio.cerino » 20 May 2014 13:48

Almost done but I am the troubled man of the day.
My connection is under proxy so the plugin manager doesn't work and I can't download the .zolca exporter.
For other plugin (like nexus importer) I found the direct link in the forum in order to operate the installation without plugin manager but for the exporter I didn't find the direct link.

Thank you

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 20 May 2014 18:58

Ah - we need to check this and make also the export plugin available at this location; we'll do this tomorrow (need to leave now) - Sorry!

giulio.cerino

Post by giulio.cerino » 21 May 2014 12:58

Ok thank you!

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 21 May 2014 13:43

Hi again, please see here, I added an explanation and also a direct link to the plugin:
http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... penLCA_1.4
Cheers

giulio.cerino

Post by giulio.cerino » 27 May 2014 13:29

thank you.
Everything works, just another question, exporting the original DB in .zolca format all the parameter equations has been lost. In the exported DB is possible to see only the results (in number format) under the panel INPUT PARAMETER, while the DEPENDEND PARAMETER results empty.

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 27 May 2014 13:37

good that things are working now for you - regarding the parameter migration to 1.4, you are right, the migration plugin needs to be updated to consider also dependent parameters (which didn't exist yet when we wrote the plugin); this is one of the final tasks that we will do before releasing the 1.4 "non-beta" version. This also means that you should not delete your 1.3 databases after migration since not all aspects are migrated currently. Thanks for your understanding.