Using ecoinvent and linking process

cjunior94

Using ecoinvent and linking process

Post by cjunior94 » 02 Apr 2014 03:09

hi, guys!

i'm a new user of the openLCA, actually, i'm a scientific initiation student (I don't know if the name is this, i'm from Brazil)

I have to make a LCA of a photovoltaic cell, single-si.

I downloaded the information from the ecoinvent database 3. This file: https://ecoquery.ecoinvent.org/Details/ ... 3616064e82

After I import this to my database on the program, I can see the information, and all the things.

The problem I have is that my input files in the process of the photovoltaic cell has no information. Because of this, I have no idea about the pollution these items may cause. What I'm doing to solve the problem is to download the information of each input products on the website, import these files to the database and change the previous flow for the new one I have the information about the production.

So, this way is too boring and takes me too much time. Does exist another faster way to have all the information about the input flows in some process (in my case, the production of a photovoltaic cell)?

I really hope you all can understand me.

Thanks a lot!

aciroth

Re: Using ecoinvent and linking process

Post by aciroth » 06 Apr 2014 12:13

Hi, well i am repeating myself a bit but a faster way is to use the ecoinvent database that we are providing on nexus, https://nexus.openlca.org/, which we sell for the same price as e.g. the ecoinvent centre. This contains the same information as the files from ecoinvent but the database is adapted to our reference list of flows asf. If you have a licence already from other sources, then we offer a licence owner pack at a much reduced price, on nexus.
hth,
Andreas

Dose123

Post by Dose123 » 23 Oct 2014 21:04

The problem I have is that my input files in the process of the photovoltaic cell has no information. Because of this, I have no idea about the pollution these items may cause. What I'm doing to solve the problem is to download the information of each input products on the website, import these files to the database and change the previous flow for the new one I have the information about the production.
Kalm

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 24 Oct 2014 00:06

to Kalm: Ok but then you are using a database from a different source, right?