Unit processes

lbhsa

Unit processes

Post by lbhsa » 08 Aug 2013 16:06

Dear openLCA-community,

maybe someone can help me out at the following problem:
Since yesterday, everytime I open my productsystem there are some processes I didn’t put in, at least not knowingly. These cause problems in calculating because I’m not able to calculate the productsystem as the error message says they are not connected to the reference process and have to be deleted for calculation. Thing is I’m not sure whether I can delete them that easy without that having an influence on my product system.
I recognise them as unit processes, as they are highlited in green and have a double line. I checked, and all of them are Inputs of some of my processes of my productsystem, but, as I said, I never included them via building the upstream-chain automatically or anything.
Note: These unit processes stand alone and are not linked to anything. I’m using openLCA version 1.2.9 on Windows 7 Professional, 64 Bit

aciroth

Re: Unit processes

Post by aciroth » 09 Aug 2013 13:00

Hi,

the double line indicates that these are system processes (NOT unit processes!). Opening a product system does not add processes. Processes that have no connection to the reference product of a product system cannot be scaled to the quantitative reference / functional unit of the system, therefore they will not contribute to the result in any meaningful way (and for this reason, openLCA refuses to calculate a system which contains unlinked processes) -> you should remove those processes from your product system.

Then, I would recommend that you update to the 1.3.0 version.

Hope this helps, best wishes,
Andreas

lbhsa

Re: Unit processes

Post by lbhsa » 09 Aug 2013 14:54

Hi there,
I mixed it up, but I meant system processes.
Thanks a lot!