Uncertainty

aciroth

Re: Uncertainty

Post by aciroth » 15 Mar 2015 18:25

Hi Nicole,
since your both posts are a bit different I approved both - indeed, since 1.4, we provide only one calculation method, which is an improved matrix calculation. This is used since looped databases such as ecoinvent will not work really with the sequential calculation, as you say. We also removed the Gaussian approxiomation with the sequential calculation, since the 2004 paper (and my dissertation) deals with a sequential approach.
The new algorithm is not published in journals yet but you see it from the source code, at github. Contact me please if you are interested. Also, we would love to expand the uncertainty calculation, if you see a possibility there, let us know.
Thanks!
Andreas

ntichenor

Post by ntichenor » 18 Mar 2015 19:08

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I'll get in touch offline about the new calculation. Also, I'm a relative novice in the area of uncertainty assessment, so I don't think I'll be able to contribute to expanding it - sorry!

Best,

Nicole

Val

Post by Val » 30 Jun 2015 11:47

Hi Andreas
I am in the same case than described by mptsang in his email from the 27/05/2014.
How can I import Ecoinvent uncertainties when I import the Nexus Ecoinvent database in OpenLCA ?
Because the standard import does not include the Ecoinvent uncertainties.
Or do I have to set them up manually in openlca (according the values in Ecoinvent litterature) ?
Thank you
Val

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 01 Jul 2015 00:31

Hello Val,
if you import the ecoinvent database from nexus as zolca file (either as new database or into an existing database in openLCA) then you will also import the uncertainties. No need to set these up manually for all the exchanges!
Andreas