Not possible to create a LCA

Sandra89

Not possible to create a LCA

Post by Sandra89 » 23 Jun 2016 15:16

Hello everyone,

i have got a lot of problems using the probas database in openLCA. I have tried to build up the LCA for a t-shirt. All processes are given in the probas database, so i only have to built up the Connections between them. My Problem is that sometimes the Programm uses unit processes instead of System processes. I'm not able to Change that. It is not able to build up a Connection. After many times of trying, the program crashes and i'm not able to do anything. After starting the program again, it is so massed up that i have to delete everything. So i have to start again.

I have no idea what how i can Change this. I'm using openLCA 1.4.2

Best regards

Sandra

aciroth

Re: Not possible to create a LCA

Post by aciroth » 23 Jun 2016 20:45

Sorry to hear Sandra,
well the ProBas database is indeed difficult. openLCA selects system processes if these are available instead of unit processes, and if no system processes are available, then unit processes are taken. Since ProBas is not a fully linked database (see my other reply in the forum today), it is better to not let the system be fully created automatically but let openLCA complete the supply chains one after the other. So the solution is to complete the system stepwise and carefully and inspect what is added.
Hth,
Andreas

Sandra89

Post by Sandra89 » 23 Jun 2016 21:35

Hey,
While working with the probas database i did it step by step. My idea was to use system processes if i do not want to change some of the parameters or when not enough information is available. So i strated with the process of t shirt and wanted to do a "backwards" modellation. So i tried to find the right processes for the given outputs step by step. For that all the information is given in that database. But the problem accurs again and again

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 24 Jun 2016 09:22

Hm but then you should have a fall back option if you did everything step by step?
- are you using ProBas or ProBas+ ?
Thank you,
Andreas