Global parameters fail to delete

romains

Global parameters fail to delete

Post by romains » 11 Nov 2015 12:15

Hello OpenLCA community,

I would just like to report problems when deleting parameters in the Global Parameters matrix. I delete them, I save the list, I close it, and when I open back the Global Parameters list, my previously deleted parameters are back again. The only thing I can do to disable them is to rename them so they are not used by the model anymore.
Is there any proper way to permanently delete a global parameter? Could I force-reset/wipeout the Global parameters list and start fresh again?

Also, when I copy-paste a lit of global parameters in another databse's Global parameters list, everything copies fine, except the uncertainty distribution values (if there is an exponent "E" followed by the decimal position like in "1.6E-3", the "E-3" part will not be copied, only the "1.6" part will).

Has anyone else experienced this type of trouble? If so, any solutions found?
I use OpenLCA 1.4.2. The problem occured also on the previous version (1.4.1), and on Windows 7 and 8.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Romain

aciroth

Re: Global parameters fail to delete

Post by aciroth » 16 Nov 2015 16:53

Hi Romain,
thanks, this (global parameter delete fails) is indeed an error in openLCA, we plan to fix this in the next release. Thanks for reporting the uncertainty distribution error report!
Best wishes,
Andreas