Database Update Problems

Forum for the July 2010 (+..) test round of openLCA
dmagrogan

Database Update Problems

Post by dmagrogan » 06 Jul 2010 17:26

I am testing openLCA v1.2. Upon opening connecting my local database, I was prompted to update an existing database to the new format. I initiated the update but it stopped and closed the popup window halfway through the process. Now this database cannot be opened in openLCA v1.1 or openLCA v1.2. Repeating the update process is not effective.

Attached is a screenshot of the files in \OpenLCA\openlca_bin_15Jan2010\workspace\data\myLCAdatabase after several attempts to update. It seems that the update process does not reach certain files in that data folder, as evidenced by some files being modified at the time of update and others being ignored during the last update attempt at 3.47pm.

I have a backup of the database in question, but cannot work in openLCA v1.2 until I am able to import it.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
openlcaupdatefail.JPG
openlca database update failure
openlcaupdatefail.JPG (112.7 KiB) Viewed 13426 times

aciroth

Re: Database Update Problems

Post by aciroth » 07 Jul 2010 17:52

Hi, this is indeed missing in the release candidate so far. It will be included in the next version. As workaround, you can update the database version with the sql script that I attach here. You will need the MySQL query browser to execute the sql script:
0 rename the attached txt file to sql (the board does not allow posting sql scripts)
1 start openLCA and the MySQL database (I used version openLCA 1.1 for this)
2 connect to the MySQL database with the MySQL query browser (same connection parameters as you usually use, so root / no passwd as default)
mysql1.jpg
mysql1.jpg (60.37 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
3 select "open sql script" from the file menu
mysql2.jpg
mysql2.jpg (142.73 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
4 select the database that you want to convert
5 ... and execute the script
mysql3.jpg
mysql3.jpg (230.86 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
Attachments
updatev1.1.1-v1.2.txt
rename to .sql and load in MySQL query browser