EcoSpold import (ecoinvent 2.2 data)

matilda

EcoSpold import (ecoinvent 2.2 data)

Post by matilda » 25 Jan 2011 15:01

Hi,
I can't import data in Ecospold format into the new openLCA version. I have tried with ecoinvent data, but also with the data from the Open-IO data. The screen for assigning units is empty. How can I fix this?
/Matilda

aciroth

Re: EcoSpold import (ecoinvent 2.2 data)

Post by aciroth » 25 Jan 2011 20:28

Hi Matilda,
could you provide a little more information about your IT environment - which operating system, which version (1.2.1 released last weekend?), and which ecoinvent data? You should see a screen like this (obtained with the new version 1.2.1, on Win XP, when importing Process_withinfra_raw.zip from ecoinvent 2.2).
Best wishes,
Andreas
Attachments
es_import_openlca1.2.1.jpg
es_import_openlca1.2.1.jpg (68.78 KiB) Viewed 18734 times

matilda

Post by matilda » 25 Jan 2011 21:09

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for your quick responce. I suppose it is version 1.2.1 (I can only find that it says 1.2 but I downloaded from the link posted this weekend). My computer has Windows XP. The data was both unit process data and lci data downloaded from the ecoinvent homepage, as xml-files. I also tried the OIO_UnitNonHybrid.zip from the Open IO project.
Best wishes,
Matilda

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 26 Jan 2011 11:34

Version 1.2.1 has a grey startup screen, and that is indeed the version we uploaded this weekend.
Sorry, again a question: did you import the files as a zip archive or as single xml files? Did you select one or several files? I paste below the screen "how it should look like", created with the new version and with a downloaded ecoinvent unit process.
You can work with openLCA otherwise, i.e. create flows asf.?
Best, Andreas
es2.2_import1.jpg
Import, 1st step: Select the directory and the files to be imported, either xml file(s) or a zip archive of xml files.
es2.2_import1.jpg (104.2 KiB) Viewed 18722 times
es2.2_import2.jpg
Import, 2nd step: Assign units
es2.2_import2.jpg (99.19 KiB) Viewed 18722 times

Carla

Post by Carla » 01 Jun 2011 01:14

Hi,
I am having similar problem as Matilda. ( I am using January version of open LCA, running on XP)

But the problem only appear if the data was edited with ILCD editor, than I no longer import in openLCA.
If the data comes fro e.g. simapro I can export into ecospold, import with openLCA export into ILCD format, then eventually import back again in openLCA - so that is all working fine.

Anyone knows what happens once you use ILCD editor? This seems to be when things start not to work anymore.

Thanks for your help.

lbhsa

Post by lbhsa » 29 Apr 2013 08:32

Hello,
I’m very new in using openLCA but have the same problem as posted here. Trying to import datasets (classical Input/Output ones) from ProBas, the window “assign units” is blank and consequently the dataset can not be imported. In general, could that be a problem of the provided data itself? Meaning, that the information about units is just not included? I’m using openLCA 1.2.9 on Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks a lot for replies!
lobr

aciroth

PROBAS import (was:Re: EcoSpold import (ecoinvent 2.2 data)

Post by aciroth » 29 Apr 2013 10:33

Hi,

the window for assigning units should not be empty but simply list those units that are not known / recognised, and ask the user to assign flow properties from the database. For curiosity, I checked today and the ProBas export (as XML) is not an EcoSpold format but unfortunately an own creation that is specific to ProBas (and not known by openLCA). Therefore, the import most likely will fail. I am not aware of any other LCA software that can import this ProBas XML format.

Please see the example below.
2013-04-29 10_25_13-ProBas - Details_ AnbauForst-Holz-SE-2000 (atro).png
example data set from ProBas
2013-04-29 10_25_13-ProBas - Details_ AnbauForst-Holz-SE-2000 (atro).png (32.58 KiB) Viewed 17422 times
2013-04-29 10_26_01-Mozilla Firefox.png
ProBas specific (non-EcoSpold) XML format
2013-04-29 10_26_01-Mozilla Firefox.png (38.55 KiB) Viewed 17422 times

treep

Post by treep » 30 Apr 2014 09:34

hey pals,

am starting to using openLCA and am therefore new this as well.

As i m going through the forum and searching for interesting posts, I found this one including the keyword PROBAS.

Have you found any solution for the problem importing PROBAS DATASETs?

As one of the main issues with LCA, the LCI, my main goal at the moment is to have access to a wide range of good datasets if possible.
As most datasets arent for free i d really like to use probas sets or GEMIS sets...

Is there any option to import GEMIS datasetS?

kind regards

PS: is this project still running and being supported?

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 30 Apr 2014 11:30

Hi, we are indeed working on a ProBas database for openLCA.
PS: is this project still running and being supported?
What do you mean - the openLCA development? This is definitely ongoing as you maybe see also from the beta releases and the databases available in nexus, also thanks to several projects that support the development, from the US, Chile, and also Germany currently, but I am not sure whether this was your question?

Best wishes,
Andreas

treep

Post by treep » 30 Apr 2014 12:00

Hi, thanks for the fast response aciroth.

Yea i was wondering wether there s still support for this project or not as i saw quiet a few post being left alone.

More over, can you estimate when you ll be able to grant the feature of importing PROBAS database into openlca?

For now as I am really a beginner in openlca I thought about implementing those flows and processes I need by hand related to the PROBAS datasets I find.
Can you recommend this method or do you any other smart and fast way to use existing datasets which cant be imported yet?

My Project is about having a look at the production of iron/aluminium castings for a specific company.
Unfortunately I found out that the primary datas within the company are rarely given and therefore i might need to use generic datasets combined with information i can extract out of the production of the company...

regards Chris