Import independent database to openLCA

diegales

Import independent database to openLCA

Post by diegales » 10 Jul 2014 07:55

Hello. I have a previously created database with tons of lca data, however it is not in any of the accepted import formats for openLCA. I've the possibility of altering the structure of the database, adding new fields, etc. Is there any way in which I can import this data into openLCA without having to input each flow/process manually? Thanks in advance!

diego

aciroth

Re: Import independent database to openLCA

Post by aciroth » 10 Jul 2014 19:10

Hello Diego,
interesting - best is probably that you contact us directly, in principle that is of course possible but some more details would be useful.
Thank you!
Andresa

diegales

Re: Import independent database to openLCA

Post by diegales » 11 Jul 2014 00:14

Andresa, thanks for your reply. I will write to you directly through the info on the contact section, unless there is another, more appropriate mechanism. The data is based on the inputs fields from the openLCA version 1.3.4, however it also contains other fields that some of the researchers thought necessary. We aim to be able to release this data on zolca files or through a remote connection to our mysql server for openLCA 1.4. We have been trying to analyze how the program stores the data on the database in order to replicate such mechanisms ourselves, but it is still quite cryptic... cheers!