Ready for Ecoinvent 3.01?

Evelin

Ready for Ecoinvent 3.01?

Post by Evelin » 02 Dec 2013 17:18

Hello!

I have recently installed OpenLCA (V 1.3.3) and would like to import Ecoinvent 3.01. (I have got a license)

I somehow already managed to import the processes and possibly the LCI ecospold files (unrar them, zip them, import them), but when I try to import a zipped LCIA file, nothing happens (after some minutes of waiting).

Now I am not sure wheter importing LCIA files makes sense at all - OpenLCI calculates the LCIA results for us. So, only the methods (i.e. characterisation factors) need to be imported - but where can I find them?
And, the really interesting question: Does Open LCA already work with Ecoinvent 3.01 at all? In some tutorial I read that this works only from Version 1.4 upwards...

best regards,
Evelin

aciroth

Re: Ready for Ecoinvent 3.01?

Post by aciroth » 03 Dec 2013 13:10

Hi Evelin,
indeed, openLCA 1.3.x is not meant to be used with ecoinvent 3. We have largely optimised performance (and think also usability) in openLCA 1.4, which is currently still under public test with a limited number of external testers, overall 20 by now. If you are interested to test also, please let me know. Test results look good so far but I am not to disclose a final release date.
Best wishes,
Andreas

Evelin

Post by Evelin » 03 Dec 2013 15:11

Hi Andreas,

yes, I am indeed interested in testing version 1.4.
Sounds like this version is well usable - I´ve just started to use LCA software, so this only makes sense if the functionality is already complete, and only minor issues are left.

What do you think, is testing something for beginners? I have to become familiar with OpenLCA anyway, and would prefer to start right away with the ecoinvent 3 content.
And how can I get the 1.4 version, from you I suppose...

best regards,
Evelin

pierreC

Post by pierreC » 09 Dec 2013 12:44

Hello,

I am also very interesting in tetsing the new version of OpenLCA 1.4. I am familiar with Simapro and OpenLCA, and with the computationnal structure of LCA, especially the matrix formulation.

I hope that an additional tester is still possible, and I look forward to use Ecoinvent V3 on OpenLCA !

Best regards

Pierre