EcoInvent 3.0 data

Ants

EcoInvent 3.0 data

Post by Ants » 13 May 2013 14:09

Dear Forum users,

finally Ecoinvent 3.0 is there - and I have gained access to the database last week via my university. I want to download the database (only for attributional modelling) and import to openLCA.

My question is:
- which of the files are relevant? (see attachment/pic)
Files-Ecoinvent.jpg
Files-Ecoinvent.jpg (42.74 KiB) Viewed 8355 times
- do I need to convert them from Ecospold2 into Ecospold1? Or is there any other trick that might do?

Thanks for your help...
Best regards,

Andreas

aciroth

Re: EcoInvent 3.0 data

Post by aciroth » 14 May 2013 09:12

Dear Andreas,
the ecoinvent 3 database is not yet ready to be used in openLCA (as in an other LCA software I think) - we are working on it. Although we have had a lot of exchange with the ecoinvent centre about pre-release versions, there have been quite many last minute changes which take some time to consider. So, we need to ask you (and all others that already have an ecoinvent 3 licence) for a bit of patience, and will let you all know of course as soon as a version is available.
Meanwhile, you can have a look at the data sets via the ecoinvent page (as you already did).
Best wishes,
Andreas

Ants

Post by Ants » 14 May 2013 09:46

Thanks a lot for your fast reply - this clarifies a lot. I spend yesterday in downloading, converting (unpack from .7z, pack to .zip, convert to Ecospold1, pack to .zip and import to openLCA...)

What I already checked that the data (here LCI dataset) changes its size in the whole process (unzipped, 10GB Ecospold2 --> 3GB Ecospold1). Perfect of course would be a direct import _ as the data processing takes quite some time (conversion took the night) ;)

Will the newly created "markets" also be modeled as processes or will you create a separate data type?

With best regards,

Andreas

ajoychada

Post by ajoychada » 14 May 2013 21:14

I am also facing the same problem. I can not import data from .spold files from ecoinvent 3 release. the same blank unit conversion page. Please resolve the problem and let us know.

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 15 May 2013 14:28

To Andreas:
Yes we will of course make the database directly available, and also add an import. We have no plans to remove the market processes although they expand the systems quite a lot (but we rather are tweaking openLCA so that it can handle these systems). Therefore and also due to some last minute changes we are not ready yet but on a good way I would say.
Best
Andreas
es2_import.jpg
preview: integrated EcoSpold 2 import
es2_import.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 8228 times