product flows and emissions category

Carla

product flows and emissions category

Post by Carla » 01 Jun 2011 11:13

Hi!
Does anyone knows why emissions to air high or low population density from SimaPro will become 'product flows' when imported into OpenLCA And the 'air/unspecified' emissions will be 'elementary flow' ?

Thanks!

aciroth

Re: product flows and emissions category

Post by aciroth » 14 Jun 2011 17:40

Hi Carla,

Interesting question - in what format do you export files from SimaPro? EcoSpold? With which settings?

Best,
Andreas

Carla

Post by Carla » 15 Jun 2011 09:31

Hi Andreas,
Thank you very much for your reply!
Yes, I am exporting to ecospold, I was mainly using deafault setting and unselected 'multiple files', but I did try few other combination of 'EcoSpold options' but it did not seem to make much difference. Any idea why or even if that could generate a problem?

Thanks once again,
Carla

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 23 Jun 2011 09:05

Hi Carla,
I tried it now myself (export from SimaPro in EcoSpold format and reimport to openLCA as EcoSpold1); the import runs through very fast, but processes are not created in openLCA - in short because the EcoSpold format as it is implemented in SimaPro is different from the ecoinvent specification (which we followed).
We will communicate this to PRé (whether there could be a "true" EcoSpold format implementation as one option in SimaPro), but we will also revise our import (e.g., we will make sure that the format is checked).
For the time being, we could help you to revise your data so that it is fully importable; if you are interested, please contact me directly, thanks.
Best wishes,
Andreas