The folder /usr/share/openLCA is not a MySQL application dir

lads

The folder /usr/share/openLCA is not a MySQL application dir

Post by lads » 04 Nov 2011 10:22

Hello everyone,

I'm new to openLCA and am following the installations instructions. I already have Eclipse and mySQL installed and was able to create a new data provider, but when I try to connect I get this error:
The folder /usr/share/openLCA is not a MySQL application directory.

See the log-file for further information.
I'm not familiar with the concept of "MySQL application directory", and neither seems Google. I imagine something is missing from the openLCA directory, but what? Also, where can I find the log-file? There doesn't seem to be one in the openLCA folders.

Thank you for the help,

Luís

aciroth

Re: The folder /usr/share/openLCA is not a MySQL application

Post by aciroth » 04 Nov 2011 11:17

Hello, Luis,

do you want to install the sources or "only" the application? Because for the latter, the installation is quite straightforward, you mainly need to execute the install procedure and select folders; on Mac and Linux, you need to install MySQL separately, for Windows, this is done during the installation.

So, if you are more interested in the application, I would recommend you use the install file. If, however, you are interested in the sources (which is of course great), then you need to install MySQL, eclipse, import the sources as a project, and run it. Then, before you try to establish a MySQL connection in openLCA, you need to start MySQL (e.g. via the command line). Make sure it is running, and then you can connect to it from openLCA, but you need to uncheck "embedded" in the MySQL connection window.

Hope this helps!
Andreas
Attachments
uncheck_embedded.jpg
uncheck_embedded.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 7846 times

lads

Re: The folder /usr/share/openLCA is not a MySQL application

Post by lads » 04 Nov 2011 17:46

Hi Andrea, thank you for the reply.

Indeed the problem was with the embedded checkbox, I think this detail should be indicated in the install documentation.

I need to setup an openLCA database in order to run a web application that's built on this technology. Reading the documentation I think that using the application itself is the most convenient way to do it.

Regards,

Luís