Installation Basic tutorial

Rudy

Installation Basic tutorial

Post by Rudy » 22 Mar 2013 16:16

Hello,

I'm running under an Ubuntu distribution, but can't find any basic installation tutorial. Wiki's only show some indication for windows and MAC. Appart from knowing I must have some MySQL separately installed, I have no clue how to proceed.
I see from other post that a few are running under linux distrib.

Could you please add some basic guid lines for non-geek under Ubuntu or other distrib ?

Best regards

s_mellino

Re: Installation Basic tutorial

Post by s_mellino » 25 Mar 2013 21:08

Hi Rudy,

you have to install separately also java 7 from Oracle (not openJDK).
After this you have to go to the openLCA folder and change the permission of the executable file named openLCA, by using the command "chmod +x file_name" from the terminal.
Be sure to be in the right folder.

Hope that this could help you.

Regards,

Salvatore Mellino

Rudy

Post by Rudy » 03 May 2013 10:28

Thank you,

Java 7 JRE seems to be working has I'm trying some basic exercises tutorial.
Java 7 JRE : http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/we ... x-jre.html

For the rights on executable, you can in fact directly enable it in the properties of the file (I worked that out searching the full directory of the file in its properties ;-) )
I'll now be trying the ILCD base.

BR
Rudy

Stefan

Post by Stefan » 29 Jul 2014 11:57

Hello,

I am missing a installation tutorial for Ubuntu (12.04). I tryed the video tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJqRoVb7IY4 and followed the steps (installation of java7 and mysql server). But the last step produce the following error "The OpenLCA executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library." I tried the openlca versions 1.3.0rc (as in the tutorial) and later version. It seems that there are some links missing, please describe in detail, where do I have to change the links. Or better may be there are experiences with the latest openlca version 1.4 and ubuntu 12.04.

best wishes
stefan

Stefan

Post by Stefan » 30 Jul 2014 09:41

dear all,

I managed the installation. I had to create a new folder during unzip the archive file. Now openlca starts by clicking the openlca icon.

thanks

Stefan

mudeser

Post by mudeser » 11 Sep 2014 07:45

I'm running under an Ubuntu distribution, but can't find any basic installation tutorial. Wiki's only show some indication for windows and MAC. Appart from knowing I must have some MySQL separately installed, I have no clue how to proceed.
I see from other post that a few are running under linux distrib

msrocka

Post by msrocka » 07 Oct 2014 08:58

Note that since version 1.4 an installation of Java and MySQL is not required any more on Linux (and Windows). Just download the archive file for Linux from http://www.openlca.org/download_page, extract it, and run the openLCA executable. However, in order to use the high performance calculation package on Linux we recommend to install gfortran (it is not required but calculations are slow without this package). Just open a terminal and type the following command if you use Ubuntu:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libgfortran3