Could Not Start Embedded MySQL Server

Shoshanna

Could Not Start Embedded MySQL Server

Post by Shoshanna » 15 Jan 2013 14:33

Hello,

I am trying to use OpenLCA for the first time and I can't seem to get it to recognize that MySQL is installed. My server status is "running" but I get an error when I try to connect. The details of the error are as follows. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I am working on a MacBook Pro.

Thank you,

Shoshanna

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The folder /Applications is not a MySQL application directory.
at org.openlca.core.database.ServerApp.checkArgs(Unknown Source)
at org.openlca.core.database.ServerApp.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.openlca.core.application.db.ConnectionJob.startEmbedded(Unknown Source)
at org.openlca.core.application.db.ConnectionJob.run(Unknown Source)
at org.openlca.core.application.WrappedUIJob$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.openlca.core.application.WrappedUIJob.runInUIThread(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(UIJob.java:95)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3593)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3286)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.openlca.core.application.plugin.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)

aciroth

Re: Could Not Start Embedded MySQL Server

Post by aciroth » 16 Jan 2013 15:06

Hi Shoshanna,
this typically happens when MySQL is not installed properly (due to lack of internet connection during the installation), please see also here: http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... stallation.
Best wishes,
Andreas

Tom.O

Post by Tom.O » 30 Jan 2013 13:04

Hello,

I am having a similar issue and the same message is coming up for me. I am installing on a Mac so not sure if that has something to do with it. I followed the steps above and this did not work for me. Internet connection seems fine.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 30 Jan 2013 17:28

Hi Tom,
installation on a Mac is indeed a bit different, see please here: http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... L_on_a_MAC. The 64 bit Mac version has known install problems, but a workaround is available, see please here: http://sourceforge.net/p/openlca/bugs/48/.
Hope this helps.
Andreas

greenroy

Post by greenroy » 25 Mar 2014 22:23

I had this issue but was able to resolve it by selecting the "anyone who uses this computer" option when installing the program.

Cris87

Post by Cris87 » 09 May 2014 11:34

I have this problem too. I have check checked the procedure here reported: http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... L_on_a_MAC , more times but everything has been made rightly.

Has anyone idea what could be the mistake? I possess a macbook pro with OsX 10.9.2 version.

I suppose to change the software if the problem will be not solved.

Thanks!

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 10 May 2014 01:57

Hi,
I suppose to change the software
this is indeed foreseen for the 1.4 version: we'll have an integrated database that is fully managed by openLCA. For the 1.3.4 version for Mac, to my experience this works too, the main "hurdle" seems to be to uncheck "embedded server" for the MySQL server, and start it before the attempt to connect.

neerajhanumante

Post by neerajhanumante » 11 May 2014 05:58

Hi,
I am also facing similar problem in Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.
I have reinstalled mySQL server and downloaded another file of precompiled openLCA, still the problem persists. I have also installed java 7,8.

Kindly guide me.

Following is the log report:

Code: Select all

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/nice-to-meet-you/openLCA-data/jblas_1.1/Linux/amd64/libjblas.so: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
     at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
     at org.openlca.jblas.Library.loadLib(Library.java:59)
     at org.openlca.jblas.Library.loadFromDir(Library.java:32)
     at org.openlca.core.application.plugin.Activator.start(Unknown Source)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:300)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:263)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:469)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:395)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:464)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
     at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1212)
     at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
     at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
     at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
     at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 11 May 2014 20:41

Hi neerajhanumante, did you try the calculation libraries that we provide for linux, on the openLCA download page:
2014-05-11 20_39_06-Download Page - openLCA.org.png
2014-05-11 20_39_06-Download Page - openLCA.org.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 18480 times
See also this post: http://openlca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15408
hth, Andreas

- so, in your case the reason seems different, based on the error message

neerajhanumante

Post by neerajhanumante » 12 May 2014 14:40

Hi again,

Pardon for my benightedness ... I have been through that post and downloaded the libraries. But couldn't find the location as mentioned in the post.
You can replace the BLAS library 'openLCA-data/jblas_1.1/Linux/i386/libjblas.so' with the libjblas.so in this package.
Neeraj