Seems MySQL did not install

lesnet

Seems MySQL did not install

Post by lesnet » 14 Jun 2011 14:55

I' m doing a second install. First was on an old computer used primarily for research. This install is on my development laptop which had older versions of MySQL. After the install, I could connect but not create a new DB. Subsequent comparison of the two installs finds that the second install did not create the bin, data, and share folders.

I'd prefer to work with the integrated package but can work directly with MySQL if necessary. Any advise please?

Thanks,
Scott

aciroth

Re: Seems MySQL did not install

Post by aciroth » 14 Jun 2011 17:37

Hi Scott,
This may have several reasons, first one is that MySQL is downloaded during the installation process, therefore you need internet access during the installation. Second possibility are user rights issues in Win 7, especially company versions. After successful install, you should have a bin folder below your openLCA application folder, and in this bin folder two mysql exe files (see screenshot).
Best,
Andreas
bin.jpg
bin.jpg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 9156 times

lesnet

Post by lesnet » 15 Jun 2011 15:02

Thank you but I'm still not quite there.

This computer has WinXP SP3, and it is running .NET and Visual Studio. I have a good internet connection.

I pasted in the works from a good install on a W2K computer without .NET. Now I get the Start embedded server prompt but the system hangs and once connected, if fails to show the DB created on the other computer so the embedded server is not starting. (using port 3305 as recommended)

I can connect to a freestanding MySQL and create a DB using port 3306. However, when I try to import the photovoltaic samplefile.zip, the assign value screen comes up blank.

I stopped the MySQL55 service and retried the embedded ap without success.

I'll start looking for reasons why the embedded server does not start. Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Scott

lesnet

Post by lesnet » 15 Jun 2011 15:19

It seems that I can manually start the server, connect, and create the database. So how do I fix the auto start?

Scott

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 15 Jun 2011 18:54

Hi Scott,
for clarification, you start MySQL manually from the /openLCA/bin directory, or from another location? What do you mean with
I pasted in the works from a good install
- what did you copy?
Best,
Andreas

lesnet

Post by lesnet » 15 Jun 2011 19:18

The install on this computer does not download the MySQL components. I copied all of the folders from another install into the openLCA folder on the site. I go into the data folder and double click the .exe files and then make the data connection. Each time I re-open the ap I have to restart the server.

The copy of openLCA on my thumb drive - copied from the program folder on my Win2k machine - can be opened and used as is. Meaning the problem is local to this machine.

A second issue is that I can select ILCD and ecospold files for import but they do not appear in the assign value screen.

Thanks for helping.

Scott