New Wizards

judlj

New Wizards

Post by judlj » 29 May 2011 20:07

Hi,

I have just started discovering your program. It which seems to be very promissing!

At the beginning, however, I already have a problem: the button "New Wizards" is missing in my main menu. Therefore I am not able to create a new process or a flow. Is there any hidden settings in program which I have not discovered? I am using the latest 1.2.1 version.

Thanks for help and for your effort!

Best regards,
Jáchym Judl

P.S. Are you planning to release a comprehensive manual to the programm (step-by-step)?

aciroth

Re: New Wizards

Post by aciroth » 29 May 2011 22:52

Hi judly,
the new wizard option was used in the old 1.1 version, now you just have to right-click with your mouse on a process (flow, ...) category to create a new process (flow, ...). We have a manual meanwhile online, in the wiki documentation, here: http://openlca.org/documentation/index.php/Main_Page; creation of new element is shown e.g. here http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... h_gui5.png
Hope that helps, otherwise please come back.
Andreas

judlj

Post by judlj » 02 Jun 2011 09:11

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply and especially for the links. In the meanwhile I already discovered the way how to create a process/flow... However, I don't know how to access them. Even after I created a new process, I can't open the folder processes with normal double click. But I may find the answer in the documentation you directed me to.

Now - I have another problem. I re-installed the program and when I connect to the defaul MySQL the OpenLCA database does not appear. I also can't create any other database. Could be the problem that there might be some parts of the program hidden in my computer (after uninstalling)?

Thanks for your effort!

Jáchym

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 02 Jun 2011 12:11

Hi Jáchym,
well, strange - how did you uninstall? Did you re-install without internet connection? An internet connection is needed since the MySQL server is downloaded during the installation. It seems your MySQL server is not able to start.
Best,
Andreas