Compiling 1.2.9 - missing plugins in target platform

dsavi

Compiling 1.2.9 - missing plugins in target platform

Post by dsavi » 01 Feb 2013 16:01

Hello everybody

Beeing new to eclipse and java development in general, my problem description may not be entirely correct.
I've downloaded and installed eclipse classic and the source code following the instruction on the wiki:
http://openlca.org/documentation/index. ... le_openLCA

However, compilation fails with many missing plugin dependencies. I've so far found all missing plugins but one through searching the internet.
So far, i've installed these plugin in addition to the ones already included in the taget file:
com.google.guava_12.0.1
com.sun.blah-core-1.16.0
com.sun.blah.client_1.16.0
com.sun.blah.contribs.blah-apache-client4_1.16.0
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-annotations-2.1.2
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-core-2.1.2
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind-2.1.2

These may need to be included in the openlca.runtime target file?

However, building still fails with "com.google.guava_14.0.0" missing for the "openlca.core.application". I've tried to add google-guava-14.0-r1 and rc9 from the maven repository, but this doesn't work. Could you please give me some directions, where i could find the correct plugin?
Thank you for your help.

aciroth

Re: Compiling 1.2.9 - missing plugins in target platform

Post by aciroth » 01 Feb 2013 16:21

Hi, you are right the platform that we have put on sourceforge is from December 2012 and therefore some plugins that the new 1.2.9 release from ten days ago requires are not contained. It should not be too difficult to add them on your own though.
If you are indeed new to eclipse and Java, maybe you can start with the compiled versions that you can install and use directly?
Best wishes,
Andreas

dsavi

Post by dsavi » 01 Feb 2013 16:46

Dear Andreas

Thank you for your answer. We are using the precompiled openLCA already for productive work. I've dowloaded the source, because we have encountered some issues with the ecospold exporter. I've filed a bug report on sourceforge for that already. Sadly, my bug report is rather confusing. My reason for downloading the source is therefore to track down the issue better so i can give more helpful hints. I've got some experience with C and Qt as well as php and mysql. I don't think that i will be able to contribute substancially to the code, but i should be able to understand more or less what the exporter is doing. For testing of ideas, it would be very suitable to have a working build environment.

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 01 Feb 2013 18:23

Hi again,

Ah I see, and in principle I agree but it takes always a while to build an up-to-date and shareable platform (half day I would say), and the previous platform was not overly popular (we had 3 downloads in a month, one being you probably, compared to 500 for openLCA).

Regarding the EcoSpold export, we are aware of some issues, please see the bug tracker here, and will address most of them in the next release:

- Ecospold export not working with lognormal distribution, http://sourceforge.net/p/openlca/bugs/67/
- EcoSpold export of process with no quantitative reference, http://sourceforge.net/p/openlca/bugs/39/

These are not the post you are referring to?

Best,
Andreas

dsavi

Post by dsavi » 05 Feb 2013 10:06

Hi Andreas

I was referring to the bug report "not working with lognormal distribution". This report was mine.
I've now just set the dependency for com.google.guava to 12.0.1 in the core application (the same version as the target platform depends on). Like this, the program launches and seems to work. The latest guava release i could find was 14.0-rc1.

What I've did in detail was to
- browse to org.openlca.core.application folder in the Package Explorer
- Opening plugin.xml
- Going to the dependencies tab and changing the version for com.google.guava from 14.0.0 to 12.0.1

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 05 Feb 2013 11:00

- indeed, modifying the plugin.xml is good.
Glad that it works for you now!
(and as you may have seen, we will address the lognormal export bug in the next release)
Cheers,
Andreas