Importing ecoinvent

mptsang

Re: Importing ecoinvent

Post by mptsang » 16 May 2014 15:23

Hello Again,

Are you able to share the details on how to import the non-openLCA Ecoinvent 3.1 version into openLCA? I imagine it should be as simple as importing the Ecospold2 files directly into openLCA, but maybe it is not. I have attempted to do this, but one "bug" I have seen is that importing within the Ecospold 2 option does not allow a user to select/import multiple files at once, so it becomes unrealistic to try and import all of the Ecoinvent 3 Ecospold files individually.

Please let me know if you can help with any of these issues.

Best,

Michael

camille.marini

Post by camille.marini » 23 Aug 2014 00:06

Hi!
Have I understood correctly that if I have an ecoinvent 3 licence purchased from the ecoinvent website, I cannot import the database in LCA, unless I import all the ecoinvent files individually? Are you going to make it possible in the near future? Or one would aloways have to buy a new database licence from openLCA Nexus?

Thanks for your help
Camille

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 23 Aug 2014 09:17

Hi Camille,
it is not really about single or 'batch' import I think, rather the ecoinvent files that we provide in nexus have a slightly different structure than the original ones from ecoinvent; for example, they link together. And you do not need to buy a completely new license but a license owner pack for a reduced price; we ask users to pay for this since we do not get any compensation from ecoinvent, the openLCA software is free, and it is of course effort to develop and maintain it. I hope you understand.
Best wishes,
Andreas