Importing LCIA Methods

aciroth

Re: Importing LCIA Methods

Post by aciroth » 14 Feb 2013 11:04

Hi Christian,

to import the LCIA methods, please create a new unit group (LCIA units) and specific units in this group ('kg_equivalents' or so), and start then the import and assign the units. This is a semi-bug since it is not so comfortable for users. We will change it in the upcoming version 1.3 so that creating units before the import will not be necessary any more.

Best wishes,
Andreas

pmarc

Post by pmarc » 26 Mar 2013 17:09

Hello Andreas,

I'm having the same issues concerning the import of the LCIA methods as discussed by the previous poster. I've noticed in a separate thread that a new unit group as well as a flow property need to be created in order to assign the units from the LCIA methods, rather than simply creating a new unit group alone.

Can you provide additional detail with regards to how I should proceed in order to successfully import the methods?

Regards,

Patrick

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 26 Mar 2013 19:29

Hi Patrick,
we have just finalised a new version 1.3 where these LCIA units are not shown any more in the import - you can have a look at the 1.3 beta versions on sourceforge where this is also already fixed. I expect that we will be able to release this new version this week, therefore it is maybe better to not apply various workarounds to solve this but rather use the 1.3 beta versions in urgent cases and otherwise use the 1.3 release. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing for you!
Andreas

Orville

Post by Orville » 16 Jan 2014 11:18

I would like to know if you have an update on this question. In specific I would like to know if there is a method that matches smoothly with the nrel database. By the way, congrats and thanks for openLCA. Great job!

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 16 Jan 2014 18:31

Hi,
we are expecting to be able to release the pack next Monday (Jan 20th). Thanks for your nice words!
Andreas