Exchange data from OpenLCA to SimaPro

aegly

Exchange data from OpenLCA to SimaPro

Post by aegly » 17 Nov 2016 20:43

Dear OpenLCA user,

I am pretty new to OpenLCA and I would really appreciate some help.

Here's my problem: I try to export data from OpenLCA and import them in SimaPro. But OpenLCA can only export in Ecospold2, Excel, ILCD and SimaPro can only import in csv and Ecospold v1.
I have heard of "OpenLCA converter" and I tried to convert an ILCD file to Ecospold v1 but it didn't work. SimaPro needs a mapping file. I don't have one and I don't know where I can find one too.

Have some of you already tried to import data from OpenLCA to SimaPro ? Or have any idea ?

Thank you in advance !

PS: Please excuse me for my poor english skills.

aciroth

Re: Exchange data from OpenLCA to SimaPro

Post by aciroth » 18 Nov 2016 10:14

Hello and welcome,
using data from openLCA in SimaPro is possible but a successful import into SimaPro is not too easy, which is not (I would say) mainly due to openLCA. First point is that SimaPro does not offer too many exchange formats, the EcoSpold1 format of SimaPro is different from the official specification of the format which we support in openLCA.
There is indeed a format converter (http://openlca.org/index.php/format-converter/), created by us, which provides also the "SimaPro dialect" of the EcoSPold1 format.
The mapping file in SimaPro depends on the data that you import / exchange, and you typically create this in iterative steps in the import (select "add to mapping file" in SimaPro, and edit the created mapping file, and then redo the import).
Hope this helps, somehow - maybe you can also ask your local SimaPro support.
Best wishes,
Andreas

- if you are interested, we are used to do this work, as professional service, but will need to charge for this effort