Database Structure Documentation?

bnjmnmorelli2

Database Structure Documentation?

Post by bnjmnmorelli2 » 01 Aug 2016 17:48

Hello-

I am running into a number of situations where it would be very helpful to use either the SQL or Python features.

examples include:
Importing a large list of new elementary flows into the database
Importing a bibliography into the sources database as a batch process
Identify all product flows without a creating process (i.e. cleaning up existing databases)
Identifying all LCIA methods using a particular Elementary Flows or List of Flows
etc...

My hangup is that I know fairly little about the organization of the database that OpenLCA pulls from. I have skimmed some of the materials on Github and am able to glean some information by exporting the ILCD LCIA methods, but am overwhelmed by the quantity of material and haven't found anything yet that seems comprehensive. In particular I would like to know the complete list of field names for all major databases (sources, flows, processes). There may be other information that I would need to know...

I would be very grateful if you could provide some links to the most pertinent files detailing the relevant information to accomplish operations such as those listed above.

Thanks in Advance!

Ben Morelli
Envt. Sustainability and LCA Analyst
Franklin Associates | A Division of ERG
(office) 781.674.7223
(cell) 814.688.7841
ben.morelli@erg.com

aciroth

Re: Database Structure Documentation?

Post by aciroth » 02 Aug 2016 09:53

Hello Ben,
you are right, there is not much information available currently - so far we focus on delivering the software (and on clean code, which I hope is visible). If you have a specific idea related to working with the database, let me know please.
Best wishes,
Andreas

crodriguez

Re: Database Structure Documentation?

Post by crodriguez » 09 Aug 2016 19:43

Hello Ben,

The openLCA schema of both Derby and MySQL databases can be checked on Github (https://github.com/GreenDelta/olca-modu ... e/internal). You can check there the content of each of the tables included in the database.

Moreover, in the openLCA manual (http://www.openlca.org/documents/14826/ ... 021a8aa7e7) there is a section about scripting in openLCA that might be helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Cristina