Missing input and output during the product system stage

angeltyh

Missing input and output during the product system stage

Post by angeltyh » 05 Feb 2015 07:57

Dear all, I am a new user in openLCA, Angel.
I had tried some simple method to build up a simple model.
Staring from flow, slowly up to product system stage, nevertheless, I noticed that I cannot expand the model graph of the created product system to show the details of input and output.

Also, I observed that there is no default provider shown in the input/output parameters in the stage of the process flow.

I tried the calculation of the created product system, personally think there is a huge part in the results are missing and zero values shown....

May I know how to solve these issues? Can anyone here enlighten me the way to do it correctly?

Thanks, angel.

aciroth

Re: Missing input and output during the product system stage

Post by aciroth » 05 Feb 2015 11:09

Hi Angel,
welcome!
It is a bit difficult to see where you might be stuck -
I cannot expand the model graph of the created product system to show the details of input and output
The model graph for a product system shows the connections that you have built, or that are taken directly from the database (e.g. in ecoinvent). You can build the system using either the default provider in the input output sheet of the processes or you can build connections in the model graph. Different from e.g. GaBi where you can connect anything with anything openLCA checks whether the products you want to connect make sense (same flow, convertible unit, same location).
here is no default provider shown in the input/output
This is not incorrect but the default situation if a format (such as e.g. EcoSpold1) that you use for the import does not specify this default provider. For many databases in our nexus system the default provider is set but this is in the end responsibility of the modeler (i.e. you) to decide whether the connection is correct.
huge part in the results are missing
This could be if you did not connect all processes that you want to connect.

- we offer trainings in openLCA which could help to get used to openLCA and to use it efficiently, and we also offer guided case studies where we take over some parts of an initial case study or act as reviewers - please contact me if you are interested, thank you.

angeltyh

Post by angeltyh » 06 Feb 2015 04:48

Hi aciroth,

Many thanks for your response on my topic.
I don't know how to explain the problem faced by me by wording, thus, I had screen snap the entire process I had done.

As I am still facing the same problem.

I have one question want to ask on regard the database. What is the suitable database I should choose to build the model?

I don't think create a new flow (product) will lead to any problem in the process and product system creation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

angeltyh

Post by angeltyh » 06 Feb 2015 07:29

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.
I am also facing the problem of attaching the picture/docx file over here as I am a new user in this forum.
Would you mind to provide me your email so that we can further discuss over there?

I would like to seek for your guideline in the OpenLCA software.

Thanks....

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 06 Feb 2015 12:49

(to attach screenshots, just go to "upload attachment" below this window where you type, then select the image and click on "add the file")
Attachments
2015-02-06 11_47_49-openLCA user forum • Post a reply.png
2015-02-06 11_47_49-openLCA user forum • Post a reply.png (8.3 KiB) Viewed 10622 times

SallyC

Post by SallyC » 19 Nov 2015 03:37

Hello,

I am also having what I think is the same problem as Angel. I followed the Youtube case study of bottle production in Germany and it all seemed to go well until the product system was graphically displayed. I have attached a screenshot. All the processes are there and connected to the product, however, unlike the video I cannot click on 'bottle production' to see the inputs and outputs and how they connect to the processes.

I used openLCA1.4.2 and the ELCD database so I would expect different values but not such a different graph. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks very much,
Sally
Attachments
screen snippet.PNG
screen snippet.PNG (59.09 KiB) Viewed 9909 times

gnicki

Post by gnicki » 25 Feb 2016 08:26

Hello,

It looks as though the original post for this thread was made over a year ago -- but I find myself with a similar problem:

I have made my process and keyed in all its inputs, for simply a mass of 1 product as the output, and have saved it. Then I go to the next step and create my product system. However, once created, my model graph is absent of any inputs, showing only the 1 output product. So something has happened such that no inputs are showing. I do have over 20 inputs, not sure if that affects anything. And also the tabs "Statistics" and "HTML Graph" don't appear in my product system as they do in the video, if that means anything.

Does anyone have any idea what part could have gone wrong?

I am running openLCA 1.4.2 with ecoinvent 3.2 cutoff DB, and have been following the tutorial videos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And let me know if you need screenshots.

Thanks,

Geoff

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 25 Feb 2016 19:15

Hi Geoff,
are these inputs elementary flows? Which are by intention not shown in the model graph?
Thanks,
Andreas

gnicki

Post by gnicki » 26 Feb 2016 06:28

Ah yes they are elementary flows -- so if it's by intention how can the impact be calculated/modeled?
Thanks Andreas.

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 29 Feb 2016 14:23

The elementary flows are useless for connecting processes therefore they are not shown in the model graph.