Visualization of Flow Values

Drugojacopo

Visualization of Flow Values

Post by Drugojacopo » 14 Oct 2011 17:03

Dear All,

I was wondering if it is possible, or if it will be implemented, to be able to visualize the value of the flows on the Graph section of the Product system. That would be extremely helpful both for an immediate understanding of the process but also for graphic and results-reporting purposes.

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

Jacopo Giuntoli
Dr. Jacopo Giuntoli

PostDoc Grantholder
European Commission - JRC Institute for Energy
Cleaner Energy Unit

Westerduinweg 3,
1755 LE, Petten
The Netherlands
Building 312 / Room 313

Tel: +31 (0) 224 56 5294
Mobile: +31 (0) 6 51402509

aciroth

Re: Visualization of Flow Values

Post by aciroth » 15 Oct 2011 19:58

Dear Jacopo, dear all,

That is a good suggestion - maybe not in the graph editor directly (since there, the result is not available yet as it is just created in the graph), but in a result view. There is the sankey diagram of course in the analysis section, but this shows indicator scores rather than inventory product masses.

Would anyone else like this feature?

- Andreas

А.Василий

Post by А.Василий » 14 Dec 2011 17:20

Many thanks for developing the effort to discuss this, I feel strongly about this and like studying a great deal more on this subject. If feasible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating www.openlca.org having a great deal much more info? It is very beneficial for me.
найти объективы Sony в Краснополянское

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 15 Dec 2011 11:19

- I fully agree, this is on our to do list, sorry for not updating the site for quite some time.
Best,
Andreas

fiona

Post by fiona » 26 Mar 2014 10:30

Dear Andreas,

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. While using the software I too would like to be able to view/visualize the mass flows for the product system either in the sankey diagram or other format. I don't think this feature has been implemented yet? If it has, could you please advice on how to assess it? And if not, I think this would be really useful to be considered for future updates.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Fiona.

aciroth

Post by aciroth » 26 Mar 2014 15:03

Hi Fiona,
yes indeed, this has not been implemented yet. The current Sankey shows LCIA indicators and not masses. It would be two weeks effort maybe on our side; if any of the readers is interested to co-sponsor, let us know please.
We are currently changing slightly the openLCA website structure and are thinking to include also a feature-request there, and this could be one of the first items on this list.
Thanks again, and sorry that I cannot give a better answer (in the sense: yes it's available but hidden..),
Andreas

fiona

Post by fiona » 28 Mar 2014 05:36

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean funding when you are saying "co-sponsor"?

A feature-request section would be great, looking forward to that.

Regards,
Fiona.