Accessing scaling factors (aka production inventory)

pascal.lesage

Accessing scaling factors (aka production inventory)

Post by pascal.lesage » 28 Jan 2016 03:09

Dear developers and community of users,
I was wondering if it was possible to access the scaling factors for each process in the interpretation phase (what is found in Process contribution/Amount in SimaPro Analyze window (total), or can be accessed by choosing "Single product flow" in the network diagram (path specific). These are of course calculated by openLCA, and they are often useful in the interpretation phase.
Thanks in advance!
Pascal

aciroth

Re: Accessing scaling factors (aka production inventory)

Post by aciroth » 28 Jan 2016 21:30

That's a great idea Pascal - in SimaPro though, these are not available for each process but only for the few most contributing ones if I am not mistaken. Good news is that we have indeed implemented this in the new 1.5 version of openLCA, where you will see all total requirement (scaling) factors of all processes in a product system (see picture).
Best
Andreas
Attachments
2016-01-28 20_28_11-Fotos.png
2016-01-28 20_28_11-Fotos.png (18.63 KiB) Viewed 10703 times

pascal.lesage

Re: Accessing scaling factors (aka production inventory)

Post by pascal.lesage » 29 Jan 2016 21:52

That looks great, thanks Andreas. When is 1.5 due out? I'm looking forward to using it.
I imagine it will also be possible to select product flows in the contribution tree? Right now, this is possible, but only if no impact assessment method is chosen. When an impact assessment method is chosen, only elementary flows can be selected.
Cheers!
Pascal